If you’re on this page, you must be curious what this blog is all about. Well you see, its about a little bit of everything. I write when something big happens in my world, when I have been lost in thought about something, or when I just have nothing better to do. I share little bits of my life, and the life of my family, through my writings.
So… who am I, anyway?
My name is Summer. I am a 40-something married mom. I have 3 sons from a previous marriage, 3 step daughters, all of which are grown or nearly grown, and my husband and I have a son together who is 2 years old. My husband works full time and I stay home with the kiddos. At this stage in life, we only have a couple of the older kids living with us, and our little one of course. Our toddler has some special needs, which is a whole new world for me. So I’m learning and growing with him.
- I am a hippie at heart, as my blog title may suggest. I love nature and Mother Earth, and want the best for humanity, though I don’t think the rest of humanity really cares for themselves most of the time.
- I’m a supporter of self-expression, and am heavily tattooed. I’ve had just about every hair style and color possible. I used to have quite a few piercings but I only wear a couple of them nowadays.
- I have always practiced attachment parenting: baby wearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, etc. Our toddler still sleeps with us, and breastfed until he was about 29 months old.
- I’m not into organized religion but I’m spiritual/scientific.
- I’m very left-leaning in terms of politics, but I don’t like to incorporate a lot of political topics into my blog.
- I was born female and identify as female, but I’m very much a tomboy. I’m bisexual, but have only had relationships with men for a variety of reasons I’m still discovering.
If you have any questions about me or my blog, or if you’d like to comment or contact me privately, please email me at email@example.com. Otherwise, comments are open on all posts and I check them regularly.
I hope to seeya around!
August 15, 2021